LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Tuesday 19 February 2013

GRUNDFOS PUMPS

I stand corrected.  I heard from our friend Phil in Quartzsite yesterday questioning me about our pump's flow rate I stated in an earlier blog,  (since corrected).

I wrote that our pumps could push out 87 gallons a minute and only draw 0.75 amps. Phil being the technical guy he is said "no way" so I checked my figures. 

Phil was right. I was looking at watts not g.p.m. 




These pumps are rated for 0-17 gallons per minute depending on the stage and lift required of them.

Sorry about the wrong information.

Thanks for pointing that out Phil, much appreciated.




Still, a remarkable pump for such a small draw on our batteries.

Thanks for stopping by.


2 comments:

  1. The technical stuff is beyond me LOL. The main thing is are you feeling the warm floors ???? I do hope they are everything you were expecting. Like Lisa and Matt you may find you only need to use your woodstove in the spring and fall and save the radiant heat for the real cold weather. We are getting LOTS of snow today it looks wonderful . We have to raise the water levels in our lakes and ground water. It was scary last summer with the levels so low. Keep warm and keep those snow shovels handy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat;

    Floors are warm. We had to turn down the heat as we found the house too warm the first night for sleeping. The water going into the floor is about 100*F and when it comes back to the heat exchanger it is 85*F
    It's a great system, keeps us warm and not a huge drain on the batteries.
    I think we too will find we don't use the wood stove nearly as much. One burn in the morning and one at night otherwise the place gets too warm.
    Our neighbour just came over to plow our driveway.
    Chat later
    Art

    ReplyDelete