LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Thursday 17 April 2014

TWISTED LOG CABIN

Last week I (Mary) attended a 2 day workshop with other guild members from the North Hastings Quilt Club.There were 14 of us attending the 2 day event under the direction of Jen Houlden. You can see her in the first picture in a blue top overseeing the work of one of the other ladies.



We were working on a Twisted Log Cabin block. Here is an  example of a couple squares from one of the participants. 



Here is Jen's own example. Check out her blog for a story on her visit with us, as well as a lot of other neat things Jen does. http://quiltsbyjen.ca/twisted-log-cabin-which-layout-do-i-pick/





Here is my block. I still have to finish the border. I am calling it Fire and Ice. 




I managed to complete this fun baby quilt for a friend of Leanne's this week. Leanne selected the fabric and design idea, helped cut, iron and place the triangles. I was left to finish the front and work out the back. 




This week we will finish  up our windowsills. I have the mudding to finish, and then the painting. 

Then another sewing project to complete before next Sunday.....shhhh a surprise for wee Owen who turns 2 this Friday! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh Mary your quilts, your quilting ideas and your quilt names are fantastic. I am so glad you are getting the time to do all these wonderful things. Can't wait to get together soon I hope. I figure our snow should be gone in about 2 weeks and by then the watery basement will be only a bad memory.

    ReplyDelete