LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Friday 26 April 2013

IT DIDN'T HAPPEN

I thought yesterday would be a quiet day for me. My ankle is still sore and I need to stay off it from time to time. With Peter working here Monday and Tuesday I pushed myself to help where possible as I enjoy working with Peter.  

My plan was to do some errands in town then spend the rest of the day on the couch.  That didn't happen. The sun was shining, the weather was warm and it turned into a perfect day for working outside.

My workshop needed organizing. We had stuffed it full of boxes when we cleaned out our storage unit and hadn't touch it all winter. Yesterday was the day to start.

All the boxes were moved outside. Shelves, hooks and nails were installed ready for the content as I opened each box and decided what to save and what to toss. "Oh, look, I wondered where that went to,"  was the expression heard most often as we went through the boxes.

Today it's garbage day. If it doesn't rain we will load the trailer and take what we no longer use to the dump.

As soon as the trailer is unloaded, I plan to take that day of rest.

Time for a little chocolate.

1 comment: