Yesterday was clean-up day. The steps are done and we decided to organize the area where I have been splitting wood this summer.
It was a mess and desperately needed our attention if I was going to continue using the log-splitter. It was slowly getting burried beneath the split wood.
I used old pallets to make a crib to store the wood off the ground. This helps to keep it dry and allow the air to flow around it. Pallets are cheap or often free if you happen to be in the right place at the right time.
To help strengthen the crib I attached 1x3s across the top.
With Mary's help we soon had the wood collected, stacked and drying in the sun.
Our wood pile, organized and cleaned up, ready to burn in 2015.
Now I need to design and build some type of easy cover to keep the snow and rain off of the cribs. Maybe next month I'll have more pictures.
We can feel fall in the air this week. Our mornings are much cooler and the days are noticeably shorter. Soon school will begin and our town will be quiet for another season.
Thanks for stopping by and keeping an eye on us.