LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Thursday 2 January 2020

FAT TIRES

Bikes today are so different from the ones we rode as a kid. In winter we used to wrap rope around the tires to give us traction. Today the bikes have FAT tires and 10 gears, no trouble going through snow.

After lunch I borrowed Maggie's bike and Sean, Missy and I headed up the road. It was quite the workout, much more strenuous than I expected.

Maggie still looked relaxed when she returned, as for me, I was ready for a nap. 

Next time we do this I think I will need one of those battery assisted bikes, seems more my style these days.

Thanks for stopping by and keeping an eye on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment