LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Friday 10 January 2020

CARDIO WORKOUT

Last week I borrowed Maggie's Fat Tire bike and enjoyed the ride across the lake; easy, comfortable and an excellent cardio workout. My heart rate climbed significantly in just a few minutes on the road. I knew this could be the winter workout I needed.

Yesterday I borrowed Jamie and Leanne's Fat Tire bike and will use it to prepare for my stress test in February. I know if I can get out twice a day and ride our road the stress test will be easy and the doctor will be pleased. Consistency is the key and I need to ride regardless of the weather.

This bike has more gears then my truck. This gear hub gives me twenty gears and you would think riding up any hill would be a breeze; not the case. By the time I reach the top I need to stop and rest; so exhausted, so out of shape. Hopefully six weeks of consistent riding will make some improvement in my strength and endurance. Time to ride.

Enjoy the day and be safe out there.

2 comments:

  1. You go Art! Let us know how the cardio training is working out.

    I just stumbled upon your YouTube video and blog . Thanks for sharing your experience and inspiring others.

    My wife Jill and I just built our off-grid home and this is our first full Winter in it; we moved in mid-March 2019.

    There are a lot of similarities to your place and our: radiant floor, single stores, 50 acres of bush, beautiful rocks, and we are on a river.

    Actually, we are only < 2 hours from you guys; we are southeast of you in the country 20 mins north of Perth, ON.

    I am going to read your blog as it has so much info the learn from.

    My next projects are a 22x38 outdoor building with an integrated rain ware harvesting system. I want to bury the tank but need to research designs etc. The tank will be about 20 ft higher than our gardens as it is on a hill where our ground mounted 7kW solar array is.

    I want to use the rain water and connect it to a drip irrigation system for our landscaping and vegetable garden. The vege garden is also a project for this Spring.


    Love to chat sometime. Maybe come visit. If you are ever heading east on highway 7, let us know and you could drop by and see our setup too.

    Go Canadian Off-girders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Wonderful to hear from another off-gridder who lives close by. My parents lived in Perth when they were first married and we have visited your beautiful town several times. Would love to see your place and setup. Always something new to learn. Please keep in touch. You can write me at: artkelly46@gmail.com

      Delete