LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Tuesday 18 June 2019

QUILT WORKSHOP

This week Mary is attending a three day quilt workshop with friends.

The ladies share several cottages and have a work room right down by the lake for their sewing.

The cottages are rustic, clean and roomy and most ladies have their own separate bedroom. Yea!!

Lots of natural light and easy trails down to the water.

The cottages are located on a point of land where this river empties into the lake. This is such a beautiful natural setting located in the Haliburton Highlands, Ontario, Canada.

It was a perfect day for a leisurely drive and since I wasn't in a rush I decided to take my time, cruise just above the speed limit and see what mileage my truck would produce. My first truck years ago average 8 mpg.

As you can see, by the time I reached Bancroft my average fuel consumption was 7.4 L/100  km which converts to about 38 mpg.  Truly amazing and my truck is just a standard six cylinder Honda, not a hybrid or all electric machine. So this new truck will travel almost five times further on a gallon of fuel and I had the  AC on which my first truck didn't have.

Almost home.

Safe travels everyone and thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment