LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Saturday 23 March 2013

HOME AGAIN

No computer yet so another short post.

Spent today visiting markets and friends in the area. First stop this morning was the Maynooth Farmers' Market. This was our first visit and we were impressed, lots of vendors, people and a very friendly atmosphere. The market is held once a month at the beautiful new Maynooth Community centre.

Once done we crossed the street to the "old" community centre which was hosting a seed exchange. This was our first exposure to seed exchange but it won't be our last. It is held each year and we plan to be ready next year with some of our own seeds to exchange.

After lunch we headed over to Ben's place to see their Maple Syrup being produced. The sugar shack was in full production mode and everyone was out there helping. I took pictures, but as this isn't my computer I do not have the program to download them and put them on my blog. Hopefully next week I'll have my computer back and I'll update this report with pictures.

Thanks for stopping by and watch for the pictures on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment