LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Monday 13 February 2012

Riding the Yellow Tank

I've mentioned Tony's motorcycle in a number of earlier blogs. It is a bike designed for off road trails, not the paved black ribbon most of us drive on. This bike is a two wheel drive machine and will climb any mountain trail you might find. It's the perfect bike for going into the back country, not fast but nothing will stop it.


So yesterday Tony brought his yellow tank over for me to have a ride.


It was a challenge at first, throttle, brake, balance, turn,  but my feet easily reached the ground and kept me upright, sort of like training wheels.


Soon I was put ... putting around the place, enjoying the thrill of the view flashing past me while I focused on staying upright and away from immovable objects, like trailers. Remember "USE THE BRAKE!", Tony kept yelling.


 Look out here comes the wildman from Canada, get out of my way!


Thanks Tony, lots of fun, maybe I could take it home with me; just for old times sake.

Still here in the desert, having fun and eating good food.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like great fun, glad you didn't crash, or at least post about it! The all wheel drive would be fantastic to drive. Were there gears or just twist and go? Now you can really see why I love my scooters so much.

    ReplyDelete