LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Wednesday 17 December 2014

WET SNOW


It's a snowy morning here; perfect for a walk in the woods.




Looks like we will be drying the clothes inside today. Being off-grid we don't own a clothes dryer and rely on the clothesline even in winter.




As soon as I stepped onto the porch this guy greeted me. Where's my seed?

Time to get my own breakfast.

Thanks for stopping by and safe travels everyone.

3 comments:

  1. Have you guys ever used anything from http://www.uniqueoffgrid.com/en-Ca/Home.html? The only reason I ask, is because they're local for me, and I know they have solar appliances.

    Is anything you have fueled by propane or is it 100% solar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi;

      We bought from a local supplier in Bancroft "Solar Depot" Very happy the way owner Mike treated us and looks after us when we have questions.

      We have a propane stove (seldom used) and a propane water heater. We also have two solar water heaters. We have en electric frig, deep well pump, 4 in-floor water pumps for in floor heating, kitchen appliances, computers, washing machine, lights, all run off our batteries.

      Hope this helps.

      Art

      Delete
    2. Whoah, thanks for the quick reply! I think it would definitely make sense to deal with a local store, in case there are repairs, etc.

      It's awesome how much you have running off solar. I need to FINALLY plan on my family plans on doing long term, in order to invest in something like this though. Solar seems to be the way to go!

      Delete