LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Thursday 21 July 2016

ANOTHER PROJECT


Our chickens have settled in very well so it's time for another project.

Today I cut wood to size for our raised garden beds and cold-frame I want completed by next week.



I work on the west deck in the morning as it is the coolest space for outdoor work in this heat. Once the sun comes around I call it a day and move inside to hibernate until the evening.

I'm surprised how much cooler our house is without the need for air-conditioning.

This guy crawled out from under the logs, wondering what all the noise was about. He checked things out then disappeared under some planks.

Our goal is to get some carrots growing in the raised beds by August 1st. They should be ready to harvest before we get our first frost. We will then cover the bed in leaves and harvest from it throughout the winter. That's the plan, we will see how it goes.

I'll post pictures once we start putting the beds together.

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the sunshine.

1 comment:

  1. There is no end to your creativity on this beautiful piece of land God has created. You are always inspiring me to move forward with the talents He has given me.
    I'm still praying for you Mary.

    ReplyDelete