LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Friday 15 January 2016

JANUARY - A MONTH OF REPAIRS

January is turning out to be a month of repairs. It started with my truck, moved to my computer, then my generator and finally my solar charger. I'm sure that is about all I have that needs professional attention from time to time; I just prefer to spread it out.



Monday morning before the sun was barely up Tyler was here to look over the generator. On Sunday it would start but stopped within seconds and I couldn't figure out why.



Tyler soon had the cover up and panel off and was busy checking circuits and components.



Within minutes he had it running smoothly again. Seems the throttle linkage was stuck which can happen in extremely cold mornings especially right after mild wet days.



Once again we are enjoying the view out our windows knowing that our backup generator is working properly and ready to go when needed.

Got my computer back from the repair shop yesterday but after leaving it plugged in all night it won't turn on. Strange. Guess I'll be calling Costco support after breakfast.

Safe travels everyone and thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment