LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Friday 6 May 2011

Bancroft - A Warm Spring Day

Finally, it was warm and dry and I could work outside. Of course it's impossible to take pictures of me working when there is just me here so you will have to settle for a few pictures taken when I wasn't working.

We, I should say I, have been looking after Yvan and Nancy's chickens while they went north. The chickens almost know my name by now and come running when they hear my truck pull in. The morning visit is the most rewarding. Usually I collect 10 or 11 eggs they have been busy laying during the night. Anyone care for an omelette?

Here is one of the major producers. She is always the last one out in the morning; likes to get a little extra food before going out into the pen.


This was yesterday's haul, great looking eggs and the very best "free range eggs" in Canada; well maybe not all of Canada, maybe just Ontario.

With the sunshine and warm weather the spring flowers have started to appear. I'll have to get Mary to send me the names, but until then, enjoy the pictures.
"Colt's Foot"

"Mullen"

These maple trees are ready to pop their buds and send out leaves. In a day or two the forest here will be a wall of green.

Now this flower we should all know; it's the provincial flower of Ontario, the Trillium. This one is the red variety, the white one is our provincial flower.

Have a great day and safe travels.

1 comment: