LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Wednesday 11 November 2020

WOOL MITTENS

 

Did your mother ever knit you mittens? My mother spent hours knitting her children socks, hats, scarfs; she even knitted me a beautiful wool coat which I wore for years.

Mary just finished knitting these beautfiful wool mitts. Wool is an excellent insultor and I know my hands will be warm when we are out snowshoeing.

Penny was a big help checking each stitch to make sure it had the right tension. If we could just get her to hold the needles properly Penny might make her own.

If she's not in your lap then she's looking over your shoulder. I'm sure she thinks she is one of us. As you can see Penny isn't a puppy anymore.

Thanks for stopping by and be safe everyone.

UPDATE NOV. 13TH

New mittens for Owen and Kate. Thanks Oma! Our fingers are toasty warm thanks to you.

4 comments:

  1. Today I was chekking your blog again and I saw the exiting things you are doing. Always busy, Just like Ad! Stay save!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ad and Gertie; Yes always something to keep us busy. Good to hear from you and know you are well and staying healthy.
    Our grandkids come today so we will have a fun filled few days.
    Chat soon.
    Love Art and Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thought of Penny knitting made me giggle 😂 beautiful work Mary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Julia. This was Mary's first attempt at knitting mitts and she was pleased with the finished product. She is now knitting mitts for the grandkids.

    ReplyDelete