LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Thursday 12 September 2019

WINTER IS COMING

Although I would prefer not to deal with it; winter is coming. This week we had a heavy frost, enough that I had to scrape the truck window in the morning.


It's time to bring as much wood up to the porch as we can. We use about one skid (background top picture) a month and I usually can store a five month supply on the porch.

My supply is mostly birch as we had a lot of dead birch last winter. This winter I will try and thin out our bush by removing some large maple trees we've already identified.

Safe travels everyone and thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment