LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Friday 28 April 2017

WATER TANK READY

Today I put the pieces together and all looks good.

This is what I call a guillotine valve much like you find on the dump system of an RV. It slides to close which makes it very easy for me to divert the rainwater to the storage tank. No more climbing on top of the tank to disconnect the downspout.

I screwed this white cap to the lid of the tank and drilled holes to let the rainwater in. I also inserted a screen to catch the leaves and keep out the mosquitoes.

I was a little short on the downspout but was able to get things attached thanks to this short pieces of pipe extension Don gave me.

If it works as planned I'll add another tank closer to our raised garden beds.

Next week looks like rain, rain, rain so I'll soon find out if it holds water.

Thanks for stopping by and safe travels everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I am amazed at how clever you two are!!! Enjoy the fruits of your labour!

    ReplyDelete