LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Wednesday 30 January 2019

IN THE DITCH

Yesterday Abe (my mechanic) called and said the steering box had arrived and he could replace it. I needed to get organized so told him I would be there by 11.

On my way to the garage this happened. I pulled over to avoid a driver who felt they were entitled to the WHOLE road and ended up dropping a wheel then the whole truck into the ditch ......... not a good way to start the day.

Even though I have four wheel drive I was stuck ............. unable to move forward or back and no cell phone. Time to walk and find help.

Fortunately Gerry (my pastor) lives about a kilometer down the road so off I went praying he was home and not back in the bush cutting trees.

Within an hour I was out of the ditch and on the road again; thanks to Gerry, bless his heart.

I called Abe, let him know I was finally mobile again and would be there shortly.

Some days you really appreciate friends. Thanks Gerry what will I do when you move?

Safe travels everyone and be sure to stay out of the ditch.

No comments:

Post a Comment