LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Monday 7 November 2011

Taking it Easy

Spent the day taking it easy at Skidaway State Park in Savannah, Georgia. My ankle gets very swollen after driving all day so I think a day or two of staying off it as much as possible is a good idea.

Took the pictures at the top so Don could see what he started back in Carlisle, continues. We are trying to keep the truck and trailer cleaned and polished. Some campers had to stop and comment while Mary was polishing the truck and she said it was Don who motivated us, "Art would just wash and wipe, not clean and polish." I can't believe she said that.

Two campers stopped to ask about our solar system. I gave them the tour and told them to read "solar Bob" before investing any money. Those pulling an "Airstream" I direct to Paul in Texas, others are on their own.

All is well and we have enjoyed the slower, more relaxing pace we find ourselves in. I will post pictures of our boardwalk out to the salt flats later. Not sure how far we will hike, but I'll see how my ankle reacts to the walking.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment