LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Friday 5 February 2021

LAUNDRY BASKET TABLE

 

Mary is going in for more back surgery next week. She has been in severe pain since December and met with her surgeon yesterday. She will have screws and rods inserted to stabilize her spine and bring it back to proper alignment.

This means many weeks of bed rest as she recovers. We wanted a bed side table on wheels that she could manage and would tilt but they are expensive and many have poor reviews. What to do?

Today I modified an old laundry basket and so far it seems adequate for her 1-pad and for reading. I may make a few other changes to give it more stability but for now it is fine. 

If I make changes I'll be sure to post them. If you have any suggestions let us know.

Remember this is an old laundry basket, so no negative comments on the discoloured base.

Stay safe and well everyone and thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

  1. Great idea! Only suggestion: Use thin plywood (or any wood) on top and underneath. I suggest both sides because if you did 1 side, then would have bolts sticking through that could snag. If layer top and under then can countersink the screws on the bottom layer and it screws into the top layer. Maybe make the top one wider to use as handles to allow easier grasp? Just some random thoughts. Prayers for recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas. Thanks for the suggestions. I like the idea of the wider top for handles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mary again I am feeling so sad that you are experiencing so much pain. I truly hope that this surgery helps. How lucky you have Art to be such a wonderful caregiver. I wish I was closer and things were different that I could be more helpful. Please take good care. I will be praying for lots of positive healing. Happy birthday and may the year ahead be full of a much painless life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Pat; You are so kind and your prayers are so appreciated. We will get together once Mary is back to her old healthy active self.

    ReplyDelete