LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Wednesday 30 December 2015

DOG DAYS OF WINTER


We are definitely into the "Dog Days of Winter". It has been months since we've had any substantial days of sunshine. We've had rain and overcast days since the end of October and today looks much the same. This winter we've run the generator more than any of the past three.  Maybe it's time to hook up the trailer and head south to Arizona. Winters in the desert were great.


Yesterday we had freezing rain followed by 6 inches of snow. I plowed our laneway with the skidsteer which makes the job so easy and keeps me warm inside the cab. This was our first major snowfall of the year and the first time I've used the skidsteer in months. Fortunately I have chains on the back tires so the ice under the snow wasn't a problem.

Today I think I'll get out the travel books and do a little dreaming. 

Safe travels everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment