LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Thursday 19 July 2012

Chickens Part Two

Here are the rest of the girls. 



Georgia....... named after the famous American painter Georgia O'Keeffe, born in 1887, is my other white chicken. Note the clear white feathers on her back, just past her ruff of black and white feathers. She also has a stylish comb, which folds over just a bit!




My other Bard Rock hen is named after the French Impressionist painter, Berthe Morisot 1841. She is very shy. I think she is the youngest of the group........ follows me around whenever I am in the run, but shys away when I try to pet her. We call her Berdie.




The last one is Frida, named after the wonderful Mexican artist Frida Kahlo, 1907. Can you guess why I chose this hen to be named after Frida? Have some fun and look up the artists some time. This is an obvious match. The other girls............ well, I just enjoyed the whole process of finding the names and assigning them. 
Hope you can come by some time and visit our lovely ladies.... and taste the wonderful eggs we are so grateful to receive from them every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment