LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Monday 5 April 2021

GETTING READY

     

This week we have 6 layers and 20 meat birds arriving. This coop will hold the layers and we have been busy cleaning and rebuilding parts of the coop. In this corner we want to have a dust bath  for the birds They love to cover themselves in sanand it helps to keep them clean.

While I worked on the bath Mary worked on the walls making sure all the fencing was tight and secure.

This was the first time I used my cordless chainsaw and I was pleased with its performance. For small jobs it is prefect.

Stay safe and well everyone and thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I just watched your video on youtube " Retired Couple Living Off-Grid Shares Their 8-Year Experience " and i was so inspired. I am a 25 years old 3 years into my career and i would love to live off grid in a small house on my own in the future. the two of you are so adorable like the way you make firewood and the way you look at Mary with your eyes full of love, it inspired me so much that I believe one day my dream can come true as well. Stay safe and stay healthy and keep inspiring. Hugs <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words Naw Wishing you an all the best You will be in a much better situation as technology just keeps improving

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete