LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Thursday 13 February 2020

HAULING LOGS

Winter is a good time to haul in firewood for next year. The trees are clean and sap free when they land which makes cutting them into logs so much easier. Keeping you chain out of the mud keeps it sharper all day long.

I move down the trunk marking each section (buck) I will cut. I also trim off any branches before actually cutting the bucks right through.

Kate keeps an eye on me.

I attached a fiberglass rod to my saw so I can quickly and accurately measure the distance between each cut.

Time to load the sleigh and haul the wood over to the splitter.

Kate hepled Grandpa push the load up the hill. She's only three but didn't stop pushing until we got the load to the splitter.

On days like today I have no need for a gym membership. It was wonderful to be outside getting some exercise and making memories with our granddaughter.

Safe travels everyone and thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment