LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Sunday 4 September 2016

ELDERBERRIES

The elderberry season is just getting started here. I know down south it is over but our small patch here looks to have a bumper crop this year.

Mary made these this morning to take to Owen later today. My Mom always made delicious elderberry pie and I couldn't stop at one slice. Now, that behaviour is risky, (to my health) so these two bite tarts are perfect; as long as I stop at one, or maybe two, no more.


This is our outdoor summer kitchen. Anything needing to be baked or toasted is done in this counter-top oven. It is large enough for our meals and very efficient for our off grid application.


Maybe I'll sample one before Mary leaves.

What wild berries do you enjoy?


Thanks for stopping by and safe travels everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Marj, you amaze me with all that you accomplish! You too, Art! I hope the baby comes soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Mary, my finger hit the j by mistake.

    ReplyDelete