LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Friday 1 June 2012

Crash

Yesterday dawned warm and clear and we thought it was a great time to cut some trees and get more sunlight into Mary's garden. So after breakfast I fired up the chainsaw and made my first cut into the trunk in the direction I wanted the tree to fall. Then I went to the other side and started cutting down to meet the first cut and let the tree fall across the open space behind the garden. I'm sure you can guess where this is going. The tree had a severe lean out over the garden, a lean I ignored, thinking my skills would force the tree to fall where I wanted. Not so, the tree came down with a mighty crash and splintering of wood, wood that had formed our raccoon proof fence around the garden. Fortunately, no one was hurt, no plants damaged, and all could be repaired with a little extra effort. Sorry no pictures, too busy running out of the way of falling trees.


Thanks for stopping by. Have a safe weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment