LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Tuesday 9 January 2018

YOU NEVER KNOW

It is quiet around here this week ............. too quiet. Owen is back in school and we are back to our winter routines: vacuuming the house, quilting, doing laundry, snowshoeing and ice-fishing. But you never know what you will see around the next bend.

Yesterday on our drive to town we came around a corner and saw a tree across the road. I figured it was knocked down by the snowplow but as we got closer I knew I was wrong.

This was the reason the tree was down and he was busy having lunch.



I thought beavers stayed indoors during the winter; guess I have a few things to learn.


Not the best picture quality as I took them off of Mary's cell phone.

Be careful out there and watch out for beavers.

1 comment:

  1. Like you Art I was sure the beaver stayed snuggled in their homes during the winter months. I am enjoying catching up on all your news. Like you we have been enjoying the little boys as much as possible. Lisa, Matt, Neil and Mason have signed up for cross country ski lessons ( for the children ) and the costs includes unlimited skiing throughout the trails here in Haliburton. They all love it and are thankful that we now have lots of snow to pursue this activity. Jeff and I are just fine and continue to enjoy the warmth of our wood cookstove.
    I have also got "hooked" on jigsaw puzzles
    and do lots of reading.
    Just celebrated my Mother's 96th with a quiet luncheon with a dear cousin from Dunsford. He lives on the farm where my Mother was born so it was a meaningful birthday guest. Just wanted to make sure that Mary knew I was thinking of her as I often do BUT especially with her birthday tomorrow. Mary all the best on your special day. I am sure you will enjoy it !!! Keep warm and well !!!

    ReplyDelete