This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Wednesday 13 April 2016


The doctor's office called today and we have a date. Mary will see Dr Das at St Michael's Hospital in Toronto, May 16th. He will review the results from all her recent tests and hopefully decide on a plan of action. Our hope is that her operation can be done before the end of June, (being optimistic, maybe overly optimistic). 
Mary really wants to be well enough to help Sherri as September approaches and the new baby arrives; and surgery in June should allow sufficient time for recovery. We will see. 
Thanks to everyone who wrote words of encouragement and for your prayers. We are blessed to have such a supportive family and network of friends.
We will continue to share news and keep you in the loop.
Safe travels everyone and thanks for keeping an eye on us.


  1. Mary, we are praying for you for a speedy recovery and that your Doctor will get you in quickly for surgery.
    Love and blessings, Ruth

  2. Hope they help you soon, so you can play grandma again!Love and greetings, Ad and Gertie