LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Saturday 12 February 2011

Excitement in Quartzsite

Our first day back and black smoke covered the sky. Reminded me of the days Tom & I chased the fire trucks around Brampton. Black smoke ........., so off we went ............ not too fast, don't need a speeding ticket, plus, I'm too old for all that excitement.

That much smoke from this far away has to mean trouble for someone. Now the firemen who read this blog could probably tell you different, after all,  they see this scene every time they respond to a call.

WOW! That's a lot of smoke, and lots of guys there too. What happened?

Even in the desert, they have to practice, and this turned out to be training session for the local fire-fighters.

Took place just behind the fire hall. Glad no-one was injured or property lost.

On a lighter note, this is our spot out here in Quartzsite. Mike, in the Airstream Motorhome you see behind  our trailer, kept an eye on our trailer while we were back in Canada. He even moved our lawn chairs around and parked his care beside our trailer to make it look occupied. Wasn't that kind? Very thoughtful and appreciated

Many RVs here have solar power and we will get a system installed as we head home.

Mary wants me to loose weight so I'm walking this road twice a day. Of course I stop and talk with everyone, so my pace is slower than she would like, then when I get back I need a little snack, so ........ ?
Thanks for stopping by; and for everyone who has written, a special thank you. You make my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment