LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Tuesday 16 June 2020

MORNING BIKE RIDE

Early morning is a great time for a bike ride or a walk through our forest.

My shots from the saddle as I rode through the forest are too blurry to post but once out on the road the ride was smoother.

Our lake was still and the shore a perfect reflection, nothing moving but the loons far out by the island.

By the time I got home, Mary was out in her garden checking on her flowers and seeing how Owen's apple tree was doing after being sprayed yesterday.

After breakfast we plan is to work on the roof of the far chicken coop. Of course plans often change and we tend to think and reflect, discuss and debate, more than actually working these days. At my age thinking and reflecting are my favourite activities. Swinging a hammer and climbing on a roof are causes I often avoided it seems; especially on sunny days with few bugs.

I'm sure we will accomplish something, just not as much as we could but then again it will still be there tomorrow.

Enjoy your day and thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment