LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Thursday 13 July 2017

I CAN'T BELIEVE I CAUGHT THIS

Yesterday Durl and Linda took us down their lake in search of  ........

blueberries. These are a very tiny fruit that grows close to the ground in rocky slopes here in Ontario.

By the time we were done we had over eight pounds of berries. We brought home 4 and will enjoy them in our smoothies, homemade granola and desserts this month. I know they won't last long they are so delicious.

After supper it was time to see if the fish were biting. The day was overcast with some rain so we knew it wasn't the best of conditions.

Mary got the first hit but came up empty.

Next was my turn and I too thought I had lost it as there wasn't much fight after the initial strike. Fortunately Durl had the net ready and helped me land this 19 inch lake trout. I was delighted.

We will enjoy a few meals of fillet fish and sweet potato fries later this week.

Thanks Linda and Durl for a wonderful day together.

Safe travels everyone and thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment