LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Friday 8 July 2011

Chickens have Names

We are slowly getting into a routine with the girls. First thing in the morning I fill a bucket with goodies, including berries, veggies scraps and pulp from our morning green drink, oats, flax seed and any other tid bits I can find. The ladies are very excited as the contents spill onto the ground. Each has their favourites they are looking for.



You probably having been wondering if we were going to name the girls. Well certainly! The white and black on the left is Lady Di. The black and brown one on the right is Kate. The lighter brown one is Sarah and the largest, most dominant one is the Queen Mother herself: Elizabeth.  After all, they do get the royal treatment!

This is Sarah. She has decided I need keeping an eye on and follows me everywhere. When I sit in a chair, she places herself right under it. When I go into the trailer, she settles in close by and waits for me.

After many minor adjustments, we think the coop is done!
Hope you can come by and check out the girls. I know they would welcome a visit from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment