It was inevitable. The longer we are up here, the more that needs to get done, the greater the need for more equipment to make the task easier, faster and safer.
I liked Yvan's log-splitter when he was here working and so started to keep an eye on Kijiji and the sales flyers. I didn't expect to see the exact model I wanted on sale the next week at $400.00 off; so I called Sean to see if he could hold one in my name. By the time he got to the store they were sold out. Since we weren't in a rush, we got a "rain cheque" and we're told to expect one in a week on two. Last week they called and yesterday I started putting it together.
It came in a crate, in parts and I needed to remove it, follow the instructions and attach the pieces as instructed.
Making progress; I've attached the wheels, the tow bar, next is the splitting bed.
The splitting bed is still in the trailer. It weighs over 300 pounds and I need some help lifting it into position. Hopefully the next visitor will be able to help; another pair of hands makes the job so much easier.
Have a great day and remember your sun screen.
Up-Date 2:30 pm Wednesday June 1st
Just finished stacking all our cut firewood. Not quite a full circle, but close.